Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Downhill

Yikes.  I am sitting in my studio completely bored and disengaged and uninspired.  I realized this morning while watching some film on the YBA's, that "Artist" isn't even my DREAM JOB.  Don't get me wrong- being an art student has been (for the most part) extremely enjoyable and eye-opening and self-discovering and all that crap, but it all dawned on me as I drew the venn diagram for my "dream job", that this is resolutely NOT my path in life.  The venn diagram looked something like this:

Circle #1: Creative intellectual
Circle #2: Writer (non-fiction, and opinion-based editorial stuff)
Circle #3: Gardener/greenhouse worker

Update: there was an asian man sitting near me on the bus with his shoes off while I wrote this


And there, at the crux of these three circles, lies my dream job.  It'd be cool if it paid a decent salary, with benefits and vacation time and everything!

77 days until graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment